For the perfect romantic evening wedding, surrounded by 35 acres of rustic wildness and considered landscaping, the private Chapel House Estate provides a unique backdrop for a relaxing evening/ twilight wedding or blessing.
With The Chapel House, Chapel House Cottage and nine Hideaway Lodges, following your twilight wedding you and up to 34 people can sleep on site. With beautiful formal gardens, wild apple orchard, secluded walled courtyard with a lounge bar and the No9 restaurant for breakfast the following day, Chapel House hosts an unforgettable destination for a twilight wedding experience.
Twilight weddings are perfect for couples looking for a more relaxed big ‘day’. Suppose you are looking to host an informal wedding an evening-only wedding reception at a luxury venue with accommodation might be just what you have been looking for. Or have you been married before or married aboard, however, are you still looking for the perfect wedding venue in Kent for an afterparty celebration with family and friends?
Booking a shorter wedding day, by starting later in the day can save you money on food and drink but give you the celebration you are looking for. With no need for table plans, name cards, collecting food choices (although we will need dietary requirements), speeches, or favours, a twilight wedding is not about other people but is about you both getting dressed up and celebrating your marriage.
What is different about a Twilight Weddings?
The timeline for a Twilight Wedding is different to a typical wedding. In that, you arrive at Chapel House Estate for a 5:00 pm ceremony* or blessing* in the Wild Apple Orchard followed by drinks and canapes on the lawns.
After your drinks reception, everyone heads into the large Thorne Barn for a full-on party with a DJ and/or Band.
What food should you serve for Twilight Wedding?
Food for a Twilight wedding is usually more casual, like ‘Picky food in cones’, a grazing table, or depending on the season a BBQ or Hog roast (minimum of 80), or everyones favourite pizza slices in a triangle box.
When can we book a Twilight Wedding
Typically we hold Twilight weddings on a Sunday to Thursday inclusive but do ask about our late available on weekends.
*Fees will apply with Kent County Council or a celebrant
Why book a twilight wedding
Most couples book a twilight wedding as they might have married aboard and want a celebration party. The wedding is also better value for money as whilst the venue hire is the same price you only feed your guests the once, as there is no formal sit down meal.
Twilight Weddings At A Glance
- 4:00 pm Couple arrive for those last minute details and to meet the Registers.
- 4:30 pm Guests arrive.
- 5:00 pm Twilight Wedding ceremony or blessing (we will reserve your wedding ceremony with Kent County Council) in the Wild Apple Orchard or indoors in the rustic, converted barn, The Old Malt Granary.5:30 pm approx canapes and drinks reception.
- 7 pm Twilight evening reception.
- 7:30 pm First dance (you choose your own band or DJ) and cutting of your cake.
- 8:30 pm couple pictures and dancing under the stars by the Oak Framed Gazebo in the Wild Apple Orchard.
- 9:00 pm Evening relaxed food, such as a buffet, grazing station, BBQ or Hog roast.
- The end time depends on the day of the week; please see our final details page for more information.
- Guests staying on-site make their way to their accommodation, and you make your way to the Honeymoon Suite in the 1290 Grade II Chapel House